Monday, July 8, 2013

Project Complete: Scout woven tee


I actually finished an item for a sew-along! I'd been eyeing the grainline studio patterns for a while now, so when I saw that there was a sew-along for the scout woven tee, I was excited to give it a try. I don't generally find loose styles very flattering on me (short with a small frame), but I was interested enough in this pattern to try something outside of my comfort zone. I'm glad I did! The floaty style is lovely in this heat!


This is actually a make do and mend type project - I was worried enough about the style suiting me that I thought I would try and make it out of an old mens skirt I had lying around. It is a poly/cotton blend and one of the softest drapey fabrics I've ever worked with. I tend to be a bit of an anti-poly snob, but this fabric is lovely.

Here's a close-up of the print - a very small scale plaid.



I had to do some creative cutting to have enough fabric, but I actually like the look.


Patterns notes:

I used size two on the top, and traced out to 4 on the bottom, other than that no changes!


Just to prove I'm serious about this sewing blogger thing I present a picture of my cat getting in the way.

Thanks for checking out my post!




1 comment:

  1. Aah, I looks lovely on you! I like the pattern too!
    And the fancy hairclip!

    ReplyDelete